Blog post: E-invoicing obligation in Rhineland-Palatinate
Already at the end of 2018 or 2019, the EU led with the policy 2014/55/EU the European Standardization Organization (CEN) a contract to develop a European standard for electronic invoicing. This initially related to public contracts in the area of above-threshold awards. The policy is designed to move with the times national law being transformed.
The national standard X bill is specified as application guideline of the European standard and decided as decisive for the implementation of the EU guideline in Germany.
The federal state of Rhineland-Palatinate has now devoted itself to this implementation and published a first supplement to the regulation, which obliges companies to work with electronic invoicing in the future.
In addition to the already through §2 Para. 1 ERechGRP (E-Invoicing Act RLP) The ordinance of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate standardizes further details of the obligation created by clients to receive and process e-invoices.
- 1§ contains a regulation on the scope and scope of application, which excludes certain circumstances.
- 2§ contains the essential definitions of terms and defined in accordance with the Directive 2014/55/EUin particular the concept of e-bill
- 3§ standardizes the binding nature of the electronic form, according to which billers will be obliged to issue and transmit e-bills after a transitional phase from January 1, 2024 (section 3 (2) sentence 1).
- 4§ determines the mandatory invoice data model for e-invoices based on §2 para. 1 sentence 2 ERechGRP
- 5§ contains a regulation on the permissible transmission channels and the receipt of e-invoices. According to this, billers have to use the central e-invoice receipt RLP for the transmission of e-bills if the bill recipient is an authority that is obliged to use the central e-bill receipt RLP.
- 6§ contains regulations on the implementation and use of the central e-invoice receipt RLP
- 7§ contains regulations on the binding (minimum) content of e-invoices.
- 8th§ contains necessary provisions on the processing and protection of personal data.
Do you use SAP in your company and need help implementing the e-invoicing obligation?
With our add-on GOpus eInvoice we will implement with you step by step E-invoicing obligation in your SAP software and make the realization of this obligation easy and understandable for you.
interest aroused? Feel free to contact one of our SAP consultants. You can find more information about our “e-Invoice” add-on under the following link: https://www.gopus.de/e-invoice-zugferd-xrechnung-sap/
More information about the e-invoicing obligation in the other federal states can be found here: https://www.gopus.de/e-invoice-vorschriften-national/
Chief Executive Officer